In line with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, as-Salihin is committed to ensure proper privacy is maintained for your benefit. We will work within the applicable Laws pertaining the collection, usage and dealing with your personal data.
Under this policy, please be assured that the data shall only be used for as-Salihin business and services only. For your information, we have put this policy in place to let you further understand the processes involved.
As-Salihin will process your personal data as listed below which have/has been provided by you to as-Salihin or as-Salihin’ Islamic Estate Planners:
- National Registration Identification Card number / passport number
- Family details
- Contact details including house phone number, mobile phone number, email address and mailing address; and
- Any other personal data derived from any legal documentation including Takaful/Insurance Policies, Letters of Administration, Grant of Probate, Power of Attorney, Birth Certificate and Death Certificate.
How the personal data is collected:
- When you sign up to purchase our products and services from us or our Islamic Estate Planners;
- When you register your interest with us or our Islamic Estate Planners to purchase the products and services;
- When you attend our public talk and seminars;
- When you visit our websites or social networking sites;
- Pursuant to any transaction or inquiry or communication made with or to us or our Islamic Estate Planners;
- From third party sources such as credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies and publicly available sources of information.
As our estate planning services covers the preparation of Wills and Trusts, we will process the data collected for the following purposes;
- To facilitate the drafting of wills and other legacy planning instruments as instructed by you;
- To facilitate the drafting of trusts as instructed by you;
- For billing and financial purposes, including payments for as-Salihin services (and all transactions related thereto), accounting and tax;
- For administrative purposes;
- To meet legal and statutory requirements;
- For contact purposes;
- To respond to your enquires;
- To conduct research and statistical analysis;
- To help us monitor and improve our product and service offerings;
- Providing you with regular communications relating to services provided by as-Salihin from time to time;
- For direct marketing purposes;
- Providing you with information and updates on the products and services.
The information requested by us are necessary and mandatory which you must provide, failing which, we will not be able to provide you with the estate planning product and services and relevant updates or information.
To facilitate the purpose above and the provision of products and services to you, we may process, use and disclose your personal data to the following classes of third parties:
- Our Islamic Estate Planners and service providers (including those located overseas) providing services relating to the purposes for which the personal data is collected;
- Our service providers, consultants, auditors and advisors on a need to know basis;
- Regulatory authorities and enforcement agencies;
- Any court of law or any relevant party in connection with any claim or legal proceedings and;
- Any person who is under a duty of confidentiality who has undertaken to keep such data confidential.
If you would like to make any enquiries or request access or correction of personal data, you may contact our Personal Data Protection Officer, by writing to the following address:
Personal Data Protection Officer,
as-Salihin Trustee Berhad
101-301, Block A, Glomac Business Centre
No 10, Jalan SS6/1
Any request to access or correct the personal data may be subject to the requirements under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010
Where you elect to limit our right to process the personal data, you may also contact the above mentioned Personal Data Protection Officer, in writing.