Tun Dato’ Dr. Haji Mohd Salleh Abas
S.S.M., P.M.N., P.S.M., P.Y.G.P., S.P.M.T., D.P.M.T., J.M.N., S.M.T.
LLB (Hons) (Wales).
- Middle Temple, Barrister.
- Solicitor General of Malaysia 1969 – 1979.
- Federal Court Judge 1979 – 1984.
- Lord President 1984 – 1988.
- Judge of Syariah Appeal Court, Kelantan 1998 – 2000.
- Member of Royal Commission on the Police Force Malaysia 2004 – 2005.
Four years later he became Lord President of Malaysia from 1984 to 1988. For some years thereafter, he was appointed a judge of the Syari’ah Court of Appeal in Kelantan. In 2004, he was appointed to sit as a member of the Royal Commission on the Malaysian Police Force. Y.A.Bhg. Tun Salleh was conferred the Sri Mahkota Terengganu by His Royal Highness the Sultan of Terengganu in 1963, the Johan Mangku Negara by His Majesty the Yang Dipertuan Agong and on 1968 he was conferred the Darjah Dato’ Paduka Mahkota Terengganu by His Royal Highness the Sultan of Terengganu. He was also awarded the Certificate of Appreciation for services rendered following the Outbreak of Emergency, in May 13, 1969.
In 1971, he was conferred the Panglima Setia Mahkota by His Majesty the Yang Dipertuan Agong. On 5 June 1985, His Majesty Yang Dipertuan Agong conferred upon him the Seri Setia Mahkota Malaysia (SSM).